18th Annual Prairie Dog Classic
May 12-14, 2017 – Saskatoon, SK
For 18 years the PDC has been setting the standard for club competition and tournament organization each spring on the Prairies. The PDC is the only club tournament that supplies scorekeepers, uses a 24-second shot clock, and certified officials for all games. We also have an athletic trainer on duty to deal with any injuries.
We anticipate this year’s event to be better than ever, featuring competitive basketball across all age groups. Several teams have already confirmed their commitment to attend this year’s event. If your team wishes to attend, please register as soon as possible to secure your spot. If you have any questions please contact us using the info below.
The main venue for PDC 2017 will again be the Physical Activity Complex on campus at the University of Saskatchewan, which features the FIBA rectangle key as well as old, and new deeper FIBA/CIS three-point lines.
All files can be accessed as PDF files.
2017 PDC Registration Form (Printable)
Please fill out the team registration form and return to:
Men’s Basketball Office 87 Campus Drive Saskatoon, SK S7N 5B2
Or scan and email to email@example.com
- The Prairie Dog Classic (PDC) will be organized and administered by the Jr. Huskies Basketball Club’s Tournament Committee.
- Each team is guaranteed a minimum of four games. Games will begin Friday at 4:00 pm.
- If you are traveling, we do our best to accommodate requests for a later game Friday.
- Boys (U17, U15, U13)
- Girls (U17, U15, U13)
- FIBA Rules with a 24 second shot clock will be used, with the following modifications: only a 1 minute break will be allowed between quarters; Teams will be allowed four timeouts per game – 2 full (one-minute) and 2 short (thirty-second) timeouts.
- FIBA rectangle key will be used; Old Three-Point Line, 20.5 ft (All Girls Divisions, Boys U13 and U15 Boys); CIS Three-Point Line, 22 ft 1.75 in (Boys U17 only)
- $475 for all teams